Assam Public Service Commission invites application from Indian Citizens as defined in Articles 5 to 8 of the Constitution
of India for the under-mentioned posts under Assam Government in the scale of pay as indicated below and carrying usual
allowances as admissible under Rules of the Govt. of Assam.
- Name of the Post: – Junior Engineer (Civil) under Public Health Engineering Department, Assam
- No. of Posts: – 171 (One Hundred Seventy One) Nos.
- Scale of Pay: – Pay scale + Grade Pay + Other allowances as admissible to the Assam State Government employees from time to time (per month). Pay scale :- Rs. 14,000/- to 60,500/- Rs. 8,700/- PB- 2
- Eligibility Criteria :-The candidate must be a permanent resident of Assam.(i) The candidate must produce PRC issued in Assam for educational purpose as proof of residency. Or(ii) The candidate must produce Registration Certificate of Employment Exchange in the State of Assam.(Attach self attested valid supporting documents. )
- Education Qualification :-3 (Three) years Diploma Course in Civil Engineering from any Institution recognized by AICTE.(Attach self attested valid supporting documents. )
- Age:- The candidates should not be less than 18 years of age and not more than 38 years of age as on01/01/2020. The upper age limit is relaxable :(i) By 5 years for SC/ST candidates, i.e. upto 43 years.(ii) By 3 years for OBC/MOBC candidates i.e. upto 41 years as per Govt. Notification No. ABP.6/2016/9 dated Dispur the 25th April 2018.(iii)For Persons with Disability (PWD) by 10 years irrespective of SC/ST/OBC and General Category of candidate as per Govt. Notification No. ABP 144/95/121 dated Dispur the 28th October, 2015.The age limit of the candidates will be calculated on the basis of the Matriculation /HSLC Admit Card or Pass Certificate issued by a recognized Central/State Board/Council and no other document shall be accepted in lieu of the mentioned documents.
- For PWD Category Candidate:- To be eligible for consideration under PWD category, a candidate must possess Benchmark Disability and must produce supporting necessary PWD certificate issued by competent authority along with the application form.
- EWS :- EWS candidates must produce Income & Assets certificate of the family issued by the officer not below the rank
of Circle Officer as per provision of Para 5 of Govt. OM No.ABP.07/2019/4, dated 10-04-2019. Kindly, refer to the Govt.
OM No.ABP.07/2019/16 dated 31-12-2019. Candidates may download the specimen copy of EWS Certificate on
www.apsc.nic.in under “Forms & Downloads”.
NOTE : The candidates applying for the Post should ensure that they fulfill all the eligibility conditions for
recruitment to the Post. If on verification at any time before or after the Interview, it is found that they do not fulfill
any of the eligibility conditions; their candidature for the Post will be cancelled by the Commission.
HOW TO APPLY :-
- Applicants are required to apply online through APSC’s recruitment website. No other means/ mode of application
will be accepted and the Application will be summarily rejected.
- Applicants who have not registered yet, in Online Recruitment Portal of APSC are first required to go to the
APSC’s recruitment website https://apscrecruitment.in and register themselves by clicking on ‘Register Here’ link.
- CANDIDATES ARE ADVISED TO REGISTER WITH VALID AND ACTIVE E-MAIL ADDRESS IN THE ONLINE
APPLICATION, AS ALL CORRESPONDENCE WILL BE MADE THROUGH E-MAIL BY THE COMMISSION.
INTERVIEW SCHEDULE AND REQUIREMENTS WITH REGARD TO COPIES OF CERTIFCATES TO BE
SUBMITTED IN RESPECT OF CLAIMS MADE IN THE ONLINE APPLICATION ,WILL BE INTIMATED
TO THE CANDIDATES THROUGH THE WEBSITE OF THE COMMISSION IN DUE COURSE OF TIME.
- After creating an account, applicants need to login with the credentials.
- After login, applicant will be able to see the live advertisements of APSC in ‘Apply Section’.
- The applicants are advised to read the eligibility criteria and other relevant details carefully before applying for the
advertisement. Mandatory fields in the online form are marked with * (asterisk) sign.
- Online Application Form is available in English and Assamese Language but it can only be filled in English
Language. Applicant can click on ‘Apply’ to fill up the application form.
- Candidates must submit the details of documents like Certificate No., Issue date, Issuing authority and upload the
documents/certificates (whenever asked for) in support of the claims made by them in the Application Form like,
Date of Birth, Experience, Qualification(s) etc. or any other information, in pdf/jpeg file in such a way that the file
size does not exceed 200 KB and is legible when a printout taken. For that purpose, the applicant may scan the
documents/certificates in 200 dpi grey scale.
- Document details submitted in the online application form will be verified at the time of Personal Viva-Voce
- An applicant is required to upload the scanned images of his/her recent photograph and signature in JPG/JPEG
a. Size of the photograph (passport size) (Min size-20 KB & Max size–200 KB)
b. Size of the signature (Min size-15 KB & Max size–200 KB)
- Applicant should carefully fill all the information as asked in the application form and click on the declarations
checkbox to enable the ‘Preview’ button before final submission.
- Applicants must ensure all relevant fields in the application are filled in correctly before final submission, since
editing/cancellation after final submission will not be allowed.
- After previewing the details filled in by the applicant he/she can either click ‘Submit’ for final submission or click
‘Cancel’ button for necessary corrections before final submission of the Application Form.
- On completion of form submission applicant has to pay application fee along with processing fee as applicable.
- Application fee once paid by the applicant will not be refunded.
- In case of failure of the payment applicant should click on button ‘Validate Payment’ to verify the payment from
bank. In instances of double debit i.e. amount debited twice for the same transaction, the bank will automatically
refund the fee to the applicant within 5-7 working days.
Page 7 of 9
- On successful completion of your complete application, an auto-generated email message will be sent on your
- Applicant’s application will not be considered if fee is not paid for that application.
- Applicant may also fill their online form through Common Service Centers. Applicants without debit card/Internet
banking may visit nearest CSCs.
- Candidates with less than 40% disability will not be considered for any relaxation which is applicable to
Persons with benchmark disability candidates.
- The applicants are advised to submit only single Online Recruitment Application for each post; however, if
somehow, if he/she submits multiple Online Recruitment Applications for one post, then he/she must ensure that
Online Recruitment Application with the higher “Application Number” is complete in all respects including fee. The
applicants, who submit multiple Online Recruitment Applications, should note that only the Online Recruitment
Application with higher “Application Number” shall be entertained by the Commission and fee paid against one
“Application Number” shall not be adjusted against any other “Application Number”.
- Candidates who wish to apply for more than one post should apply separately for each post and pay the fee
for each post in the prescribed manner.
- After submitting the Online Application, the candidates are required to take out a print out of the finally submitted
Online Recruitment Application and retain the hardcopy of the Online Application Form.
- The candidates are advised to submit the Online Recruitment Application well in advance without waiting for the
- For any payment related issues, one can reach the following helpdesk numbers –
GRAS Helpline (Telephonic):1800-212-11-88-66 (From 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM on all working days)
GRAS Helpdesk- https://assamegras.gov.in/helpdesk/
- Click ‘Submit a ticket’ Click ‘Payment Related’
- Fill-in your payment related details. Click ‘Submit ticket’
Bank – For any bank related issue we suggest applicants to contact their respective bank branches.
- For any other issues related to online application form you can contact the following-
Contact No: 1800-572-23-43 (From 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM on all working days.
LAST DATE FOR PAYMENT OF APPLICATION FEES : 31-01-2021
#Government Jobs #APSC Recruitment #Junior Engineer #Public Health Engineering Department
Recruitment Website :- Click Here
Job Details:- Official Website Documents